Tuesday, February 8, 2011

GO PACK, GO!!


I remember looking forward to the Super Bowl when I was in middle school and high school.
 Each year, my church youth group had a Super Bowl party.
The parents of the youth would take turns hosting it at their home.

I went with my youth group girlfriends to eat yummy snacks, and talk to boys!

In college, I looked forward to the Super Bowl for the yummy snacks and the commercials.
I was usually watching it with my roommates, and we would talk and eat until the commercials came on, then everyone would get quiet to watch. The half-time show was also a bonus.


After I married Justin, Saturday, Sunday and Monday became FOOTBALL DAYS!
My favorite will always be college football.
Either watching it live at the stadium, or at home on my couch...I LOVE college football!
I mourn when the season ends.

Sunday and Monday we watch every.single.second of NFL Football.
Some days I do complain. Because it just seems like it's on so much.
But for the most part, I really do enjoy it. Maybe it's because it's something that my hubby and I do together.
I can look forward to chilly Sunday and Monday nights, curled up on the couch with him.
I'm pretty sure that's not why he likes it...but maybe?!?


In May 2007 when I found out I was pregnant,
I wrapped up a special Green Bay onesie I'd had hidden for a few months, and gave it to Justin to tell him we were pregnant!
{You can read more about that story in this post}


In January 2008 when Barrett was born, the Pack must have been in the playoffs.
We dressed him in his Packers' onesie and watched the game the day we came home from the hospital.



In April 2008, Barrett was still wearing the onesie.
One of my favorite pictures!

I was so excited that our friends Brent & Leah could borrow the onesie (and one of Barrett's hats)
for their little boy Brayden to wear during the game. I told them he was our little good luck charm. AND he looked adorable in it!



So, after cheering the Packers on through the playoffs, we were SOO EXCITED they were going to the Super Bowl!!
And now, I watch the Super Bowl for the FOOTBALL.  The commercials are just a bonus.

Barrett kept saying "we having a party?"
Of course we are!!

It was just the three of us, but I went all out of lots of yummy green & gold food!
A taco bar, homemade salsa and guacamole, chips, CHEESE & Rice Krispie balls



Barrett does have a Packers jersey, but he opted to wear his new football undies instead.



After the game, we celebrated...and then went to bed.
It was a little too stressful and exhausting for me!


One last picture, courtesy of Barrett...


2 comments:

  1. I love that you did all of that for just the 3 of you!! What fun memories!

    I'm with you on the college football - but we don't get too much into NFL except playoff time and Super Bowl! A good reason to have friends over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little party for your family! Barrett is going to have the best memories and tradtions to share when he's older!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop