Thursday, March 24, 2011

life's an hourglass

We did it...we finally made it to the fire station for a photo shoot with our big three year old.
The evening was perfect, the firemen were so nice, and Barrett loved it!

When we got there, the firemen were all sitting in the office. We just walked in and ask if we could take some photos of our little guy by their trucks.  (I did call a week or two before to see if they allowed this type of thing). They said sure...then they started opening all the big garage doors, pulling out the big fire trucks (and the little ones), showing Barrett their heavy fire hats and giving him one of his own. It was a hit! It took Barrett a little while to warm up, but he did. They offered to let him get in the front of the big truck, but he wasn't too sure about it. There was even a grass fire call while we were there, so Barrett got to see them running to get on all their gear, and take off with sirens on.  Our small town fire station has so much historic charm. I just love the way everything turned out. Barrett's going to make the firemen a thank you card, and send them a picture.

Every single image makes me smile....huge.
They are all just so him!


I stayed up late last night putting them into a slideshow and ordering prints.
{you can see Barrett's fire station slideshow here}

I was so excited to come across a new artist yesterday as well...perfect timing. The mom behind one of the blogs I follow {Mom*tog},  recently announced she was expecting her 2nd child. Then just this week they announced what they were having with an adorable video!! You can see it here if you're interested. SO cute!! I am going to attempt one of these sometime! The song she used was by Mindy Gledhill, and I loved it, so I looked her up on itunes and found the song for Barrett's video.

Little boy, when you speak
I can’t help but kiss your cheeks
I love the way you grab my hands
And tell me all about your plans 

Rocket high, comets fly
You and I could take a ride
And fly away to Neverland
And give our best to Peter Pan 

When you reach for the stars
Don’t forget who you are
And please don’t turn around and grow up way too fast
See the sand in my grasp
From the first to the last
Every grain becomes a memory of the past
Oh, life’s an hourglass
Life’s an hourglass
  
Story’s read, prayer is said
Close your eyes sleepyhead
While angels linger in your dreams
And hold you in their feathered wings
   
Just like you, I was small
Not that long ago at all
I wish you all the happiness
That God gives freely if you ask

We love you so very much, sweet boy!
Mommy & Daddy
Above: headed out for a grass fire
Below: Barrett watches intently
After the fire station, we headed to one of my favorite alleys for a few more shots.
The evening was too beautiful to just go home and stop shooting.
Daddy did a little work behind the camera here, and did a great job :)


I just ordered this one in a 16x20 canvas!!!
(Got it for a great deal thanks to Groupon)

{Mister B's outfit}
shirt: Pumpkin Patch Kids
jeans: Old Navy
shoes: Gymboree

4 comments:

  1. Your little guy is so cute! Great pictures and glad you like Mindy's music too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable! What a fun place to get some great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is getting so big!
    Such a little doll. Love love love all the pics...great work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT GREAT pictures (AND memories!) Glad to see some pictures of you too! Good job, Justin!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop