Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Down at the Fair...

The Cowley County Fair has been going on at the Winfield Fairgrounds since last Thursday night, but with all the wedding excitement, we didn't get to go down until last night. Of course, it was also the hottest night! We met my parents there at 6pm for a bbq dinner in the Walnut Grove. The food was yummy, but we were sweating buckets just sitting there eating. I knew we'd really lucked out with the wedding weather Friday and Saturday...I just didn't know how good we had it!

After a yummy dinner, Barrett spotted the farris wheel and wanted to head that way!


Daddy bought us some ride tickets, and Barrett took his first spin on the Carousel. I was afraid he wouldn't like it, but once it got going, he laughed so hard every time it went up and down!

he is cracking up in this picture



Then it was time to see the animals....
Justin and I were looking forward to this, because we knew he'd enjoy it so much compared to our trip to the fair last year!
The family: 2008 Fair

I had a little fun taking pictures of the animals!
Some of them had hilarious hairdos!
I'm not making fun...I look the same way in the morning!


On our way back to the car, we ran into our friends Megan, Brent and Norah Kate. Barrett shared some of his crackers, and then Norah Kate and her mommy got a snow cone!


It was a great evening, and I'm sure next year will be even more fun for Barrett!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love going to the fair and I bet Wynn would LOVE it this year! She loves the carousel too (ours is at the zoo and she rode the one at Disney). She yells "Giddy Up" and it kills me! btw I love the first picture. :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOO Excited to finally have met you! Crazy that it was in the sheep barn and not the grocery store! lol Wish I could have visited more...but parent duty called with the sheep! Your little boy is even more adorable in person. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop