I've made mexican casserole for many years from a family friend recipe. It included some cream soups, & condensed milk. Well, I didn't have that stuff the other day, when I was preparing to make dinner for a friend. So I kinda made up my own new casserole recipe :)
I took iphone pics along the way, mostly so I could remember what I did!
If you like Mexican stuff as much as I do...try it out, and enjoy!
--- MEXICAN CASSEROLE ---
What you need:
1 lb. hamburger
Taco flavored Doritos
2 C. Shredded Cheese (I used taco blend)
Optional for garnish: Sour Cream, Green Onions, Tomatoes & Black Olives
1. Brown hamburger, drain, add taco seasoning and water (as directed on seasoning package)
2. Crush 2 cups of Doritos, and place in bottom of 9x13 baking dish
3. Spoon hamburger evenly onto crushed chips
4. Mix together Ro-tel (drained), refried beans, enchilada sauce, black beans (drained & rinsed),
and corn (drained). It will look kinda like thick taco soup...
5. Spoon bean mixture evenly over hamburger layer in baking dish and top with cheese
6. Top with 1 C. crushed Doritos
7. Refrigerate until ready to bake
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until cheese is bubbly around edges
Top with optional garnishes & enjoy :)