Wednesday, January 13, 2010

{Laughter}

I returned from my 30th Birthday trip on Sunday afternoon, and I have been in a bit of a funk ever since. On Monday afternoon, Barrett threw up all over in his crib during naptime. I felt like the worst mother ever. I had heard him coughing and crying. I just figured he'd woke himself up from the little cough he had and would go back to sleep. After a few minutes, I decided to go see why he wasn't falling back to sleep like usual. As soon as I walked into the room, I saw him sitting up at the end of his bed with puke all over him...and all over his sheets, pillow, biggie and George.

It was horrible. I immediately scooped him up and told him how sorry Mommy was that he'd been sitting in there like that! Oh my goodness, did I feel terrible. I took him right to the tub to get him cleaned up. He was in a daze and just sat there while I washed him up, then all he wanted was for me to hold him. Luckily it was just after 3pm, so I called my mom to come and cuddle him so I could get everything cleaned up and in the wash. Thank goodness for Gigi! She stayed here with us until Justin got home. Poor little man just kept getting sick. He would try to drink a little water and then it would just come right back up.

Once Daddy got home, he came to life and was running all over the house, playing with toys. He seemed to be fine. He never had a temp through any of it either. We ate taco salad for supper and he ate really well. Then we gave him another bath and put him to bed around 7:30. I was watching the Bachelor, and every time I heard him cough, I would run into his room to make sure he was okay. Then at 11:30pm, he cried out for us. He had gotten sick again. Daddy rocked him while I stripped the bed and washed everything for the 3rd or 4th time that day! After that, he slept all night and has been fine ever since. I have no idea what it was, but the poor little guy was miserable.

So, between coming back home to that and the battery on our MacBook being DEAD, it's been hard to find time to do much. I would love to just simply post the pictures from our trip and not tell all about it...but I know down the road, I would be sad to not have the memories journaled.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Laughter is an audible expression or appearance of happiness, or an inward feeling of joy (laughing on the inside). It may ensue (as a physiological reaction) from jokes, tickling, and other stimuli. Strong laughter can sometimes bring an onset of tears or even moderate muscular pain; however, it is in most cases a very pleasant sensation.



If there is one word I can use to sum up my weekend with the girls, it would be laughter. We had lots of it throughout the weekend, and I wouldn't want it any other way!



Audra, Christie, Megan and I hit the road at noon on Friday, and headed South to meet Amber at our hotel in Tulsa. We had a few room issues, but thanks to Amber, it all worked out. She was on the phone with the lady at the front desk for awhile, and we ended up with an upgrade to a suite! It's our 30th birthday...now that's what I'm talking about! We had much more room, and prego Audra was able to have her own bed.





We settled in that afternoon and enjoyed some seven-layer dip before we headed out to shop! We went to three of my favorite places: Kohl's, Garden Ridge and Target. Not that I go shopping very often, but it was still nice to be able to shop without a toddler...and to have my girlfriends with me. I was happy to find some plates and napkins for Barrett's birthday party and a few things for me. We went to dinner at Carrabba's that evening. Amber, Megan and I shared a pitcher of white wine Sangria and it was delicious!! I learned that we are all three cheap dates :)

Later that night we celebrated our 30th with a cake...thanks to the talented baker of our group, Christie!





On Saturday we got up and around and headed to the mall for shopping and lunch. We had appointments at the Spa at 2pm. I still have mixed feelings about the spa experience, but all-in-all, it was relaxing. My favorite part was definitely the Scalp Treatment! If I could have that done once a week, I would be a NEW woman!!



I was the last one to finish up my treatments, so the rest of the girls headed back to the hotel to start showering. Amber came to pick me up, and when we got back to the room, this was the view from our outdoor balcony. A beautiful Oklahoma sunset!



We took a group picture in the same spot, same pose, several times throughout the weekend.



Saturday night, we had dinner at one of Amber's favorite places. It was fun to try something new. Most of us had steaks, and they were so good! Later that night, we made our second trip to Target for the weekend. We went to get some candy for the hotel, and so Megan could find the nail polish she used at the Spa. Two things...and we all left the store with bags full!



Sunday morning, we had breakfast at Mimi's Cafe (I took this picture for Barrett). After breakfast we stopped at a few more stores and then it was time to hit the road back to Kansas. Megan, Audra and I were all ready to see our little ones!

I was happy to hear Justin say that Barrett "was a little angel." I knew he would be a good boy for his daddy, but it was nice to know that everything went so smooth while I was gone. Now I know I can go on more trips in the future :) It was good for them both to have a weekend together anyway. On the note I left Justin, I told him "this weekend will make you realize that what I do everyday really is work." But Barrett was way too good for him...Justin told me "I don't know what's so hard about it."





It was a great weekend with my girls. I've already told them all several times since being home that I miss them so much! With growing families and careers, we don't get to spend time together like we used to. It was nice to have a whole weekend together...no agenda, just flying by the seat of our pants and being with each other. I love these girls, and I can't wait for the next bfe vacation!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you girls had a great time, you all look so gorgeous in your colorful scarves. I'm sure the weekend flew by for you! Don't be fooled Justin and Barrett spent lots of time at mimi's house playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelton had the 24hr crud as well...I'm so glad that's all the longer it lasted!

    Your weekend looks like it was amazing! It's awesome that you guys were all able to celebrate together!

    And Katie must be the same as Barrett, a perfect angel for Eric. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop