Monday, April 6, 2009

palm branches


Palm Sunday is the first day of Holy Week. It celebrates the story of Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem, where people spread palm branches and clothing before Him.


The next day the great crowd that had come for the Feast heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, "Hosanna!" "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"
John 12: 12-13



Barrett had fun with his palm branch.
Sorry to the man that sat in front of us at church...
he may have gotten tickled on the back of the neck with it a few times.


And we're still carrying it around today! The poor leaves have taken a beating! Barrett was moving 90 miles an hour in all of these pictures, so sorry they're all blurry! Have a great week everyone...the MASTERS starts on Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the help regarding the private blog. She commented also and gave me her email so its under control now! Thanks so much!

    You take such great pics! The palm even looks absolutely wonderful! Barrett sure looks like he enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures.... he's on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are entertained by the craziest things, huh!! He's so cute!!

    I have to tell you that my brother got on my blog and ended up looking at yours and could not believe how much Barrett looks like Justin!!!

    I saw the sample invite you sent mom and I absolutely loved it...it's perfect...thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Laura!

    Barrett's such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too darn cute. By Easter there will probably be no leaves left on the branch.

    I remember loving palm branches on Palm Sunday, when I was little. Our Church now doesn't give them - only a small cross made from palm branches. Not nearly as exciting for little ones - or me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop