Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Letters to my Little Bear~17th Edition

Happy 15 months, Little Bear!!!


Today is Tuesday, April 28, 2009....and I'm only 10 days late writing this milestone post. Look how much you're growing! Every month when I sit you in the rocker to get your picture, you get funnier and funnier. But also, a little more cooperative each time too. I supposed that will soon start to turn back the other way, when you'd rather get down and play, and not pose for Mommy. Daddy ask me the other day how long I was going to take your picture with Monkey. I hadn't really thought about it...it's hard to believe I've already been doing it for 15 months now. I supposed I'll keep taking your picture each month until you're two (ugh...did I just say that? TWO seems so big!). Then after that, I'll maybe take a picture with you and monkey each year on your birthday...until you're big enough to say "Mom, really...I've got to go pick up {insert girlfriend's name here} for our date. You've got to put that camera away." Okay, I promise I won't continue it that long!!! I think the pictures of you with the feminine product box will be embarrassing enough!


Your absolute favorite thing these days is BEING OUTSIDE! You can't get enough of the dirt, grass and especially sticks. After we bring you in from playing outside, you immediately want to go back out. We are going to have so much fun this Summer.

You are a good eater, and your favorite food is bread. If I put macaroni, peaches, carrots and bread on your plate, the bread is always the first to disappear. You've also been eating a lot of cantaloupe and bananas lately. Unfortunately we have to steer clear of strawberries, because they seem to give you bad diaper rash. You still love to snack on goldfish and cheerios. You drink milk before your naps and before bedtime, and the rest of the day you drink a lot of water.

You are a rockstar sleeper!! I don't want these days to end.
Your typical schedule these days: You usually wake up around 7:30am, and we eat breakfast. Then we play with toys, read books and Mommy watches Good Morning America. Around 9:30 or 10 you start to get sleepy and are ready for your milk and morning nap. You usually sleep for two hours, so around 11:30 or 12 you wake up. If I haven't already dressed you for the day, we'll do that after your morning nap. Then we eat lunch. After lunch we try to get out of the house for a bit...either go on a walk, meet your friends at the park or run errands. You're usually good and worn-out after this and ready for milk and afternoon nap around 2:30 or 3. You usually sleep for two hours at this nap too, so you're up around 4:30 or 5. We usually have a little snack after your afternoon nap, and then head outside to play in the yard until Daddy gets home. After Daddy's home, we eat supper and play inside until it's time for bed. You're usually ready for your milk and to go nite-nite around 8 or 8:30. Sometimes earlier, depending on the day's schedule.

Some of your words and sounds: bzzzz when you see a fly or bee in your books, woof, hee-hee (monkey/George), vroom for tractor and cars, Mama, Dada, Papa, Kylie, Bobby, Gigi, more, water, baba, and booka-booka (book)

You recognize a lot of things that you can't say yet...like monkey, shoes, socks, blankie, Grandma and Grandpa, remote, phone, outside, doggy, duck, and your room. You will point to your hair, nose, eyes, ears, belly and toes when asked. Although you aren't usually pointing to the right part and the right time. When I give you my brush, you'll brush your hair. When we ask if you're hungry or ready to eat, you smack your lips! You dance whenever you hear music. You love to clap your hands, and you try to snap your fingers. You are becoming a little dare-devil, standing on your 4-wheeler and crawling on and off the couch a record pace. Mommy is not a fan of this new climbing fascination!

You are keeping us very busy and are really becoming an independent boy, wanting to be down and doing things on your own. Sometime this little display of independence can result in a mini-temper tantrum. You do have them when you get frustrated, but so far they usually only last a few seconds. You like to lay down on the floor, either flat on your back or on your belly and do the 'fake cry'. Or if you're still standing up, you'll arch your back and stick out your belly and do the 'fake cry'.

Your still a little cuddle-bug. My favorite thing about you...you love to give hugs to Mommy, Daddy and anyone else who asks. You give kisses and still enjoy sitting in my lap and cuddling. I am holding tight to these days, because although I know you'll always love your Mama, I know it won't be long before you're too big to want to cuddle.

Here are a few pictures from the last month...

this counts: put the food on the spoon with your little finners...
...then eat the food from the spoon!

This is what you do while I vacuum. You're still a little scared of "Kermit"
so you stay up on the couch as still as can be.
You love trying to put your socks on all by yourself!

You LOVED having Uncle Bobby and Aunt Jenn in town to visit!
You were very attached to Uncle Bobby!

We've spent lots of time playing at the park.
As usual, you have a handful of sticks!

Also at the park...where you got your first scraped knee.

We went out to the golf course, to see Daddy and Uncle Josh. You loved all the open space to run, but Mommy only lasted for one hole of chasing you around, and then we headed back to the car. It won't be long before you get to go with Daddy to the golf course and take your own little set of clubs.

We love you Little Bear, and we're looking forward to all of the fun we're going to have exploring the outdoors with you in the next few months.

4 comments:

  1. He's getting so big. I enjoyed all of the photos. My fav: where he sits still on the couch while you vaccum. Poor guy but way too funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures of Barrett on the golf course. Won't be long he'll want his own clubs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics of one cutie! I love the pic where he picks up his food and puts it on his spoon...I remember my boys doing that-it always made me laugh! Can you tell I reminisce about my boys being so small thru your blog?!?! ha ha Enjoy it...I know you are..it goes so fast. I miss the days of taking my boys to the park, picking up sticks, learning to dress themselves, etc. It's all good now too, just oh so different!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is getting so big. Wow. Seriously, it doesn't seem that long ago I was checking your myspace everyday waiting to see if he was here.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop