Friday, June 20, 2008

Flashback Friday~Jamie

Because she just left for AFRICA, and I've been thinking about her a lot this week....this flashback Friday is a trip down memory lane with my dearest friend, Jamie!!

We met our freshman year of college at K-State. She was an Interior Design major too and we had our first studio together. I was a nervous wreck because our first year of studio was combined with the Architecture students in the Arch. buildings. Since I was new to everything, I didn't have a clue what I was doing, and I was sooo thankful to meet her! I can honestly say that if it wasn't for meeting her and a few of my other ID friends (Amy, Kate, Abby...just to name a few) I might not have made it through that first year!
Skipping out of studio the last day of our freshman year...This was taken at Philsbury Crossing just outside of Manhattan.

Jamie and I had classes together for the next four years and made so many good memories together! We even went on two trips to Chicago for IIDA (International Interior Design Association). When I got married in 2002, Jamie was one of my bridesmaids.
With Jamie & Christie at my bachelorette party~On the Border in Wichita
Since graduation, she has been living in New York and has worked for a couple awesome firms out there. She is incredibly talented and an awesome designer! She is a wonderful friend and I miss being able to see her all the time!

This summer, she will be traveling to Africa to do some volunteer work. She will be in Tanzania for most of the time, but will also travel through South Africa, Swaziland and Mozambique. She returns to the states in October. See...she's amazing!!! I am so excited to hear all about her trip.

Have a wonderful time in Africa, Miss Jamie!! Write often and be sure to let me know when you start that blog :) LOVE YOU BUNCHES

1 comment:

  1. love that laura! thank you! miss you so much. I have started the blog you will have to check it out jamieinafrica-2008.blogspot.com

    something like that.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop