Sunday, June 8, 2008

I love SURPRISES!!!

On Friday afternoon, Amber called me at work to see what time I would be home. She said she wanted to get us all (Audra, Megan & myself) together because she had something to "share" with us before the reunion. Of course we all assumed it would be either that she was expecting baby #2 OR that she was moving closer to home! So, at 4:30, I rushed home...Audra, Lydia, Megan, Norah, Amber & Hadley were all supposed to meet at my house at 5:00 to hear what Amber had to "share." I was picking up a few things when I saw Amber pull in the driveway at 4:45. Barrett was asleep in his car seat in his room, so I hurried to get the door before she rang the bell. When she came in, she had Hadley in one arm and her camera in her other hand. I noticed it was turned on, but didn't say anything. I figured she was planning to get another famous bfe baby photo! We sat down on the floor for just a few seconds when Amber said "there's someone else at the door and I don't know who it is!" Again, I hurry over before they ring the bell and wake up my sleeping angel! I open the door and my friend CHRISTIE (who said she couldn't come home from California for the reunion) was there yelling "SURPRISE!!!"
I was sooo shocked to see her. If you want to see how shocked, I'm sure Amber will have the pictures up on her blog soon :) That is why she was ready to go with the camera. It was the best surprise! I told her I didn't even care if she woke Barrett up, I was just so happy she was there. That sneaky little monkey! After I got over the shock, we planned to surprise Audra and Megan too. The both came at separate times...we had Christie go hide in the office till they'd been there a couple minutes then Amber would say she'd be right back and would come out with Christie. Audra and Megan both had priceless looks on their faces too! It was great!
Aunt Christie with all the babies~Barrett, Lydia, Norah & Hadley

Christie had been planning this for six weeks and we didn't have a clue. We knew she had a new job in California and thought it wouldn't be possible for her to make it back for our 10 year reunion.

At our 10 year reunion

Needless to say, we had an amazing weekend with the bfe's all together. Tomorrow we're meeting for breakfast to say goodbye to Christie till August!! I'll be counting down the days till she comes back home! I told her she could surprise me every time she came home and it would never get old...I love SURPRISES!!!

Barrett hanging out at Gigi & Papa's pool with Aunt Christie

Have a safe trip home Christie...We love you! Thanks for surprising us and for a priceless weekend! It wouldn't have been near as much fun without you here!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! I am so happy I was able to make it and the suprise was icing on the cake. I can't believe how big the kiddos have gotten since I last saw them a month ago. I can only imagine how big they will be in August. Thank you for all your hardwork in making this weekend a success. I love you Laura!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments, so thanks for stopping by :)

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop